Sunday, April 15, 2007

You Have To Be Kidding!

I shouldn't have said anything about Travis not making it home in time! At 3:30am this morning I heard my phone ringing I assumed A) someone was dead or B) Travis was drunk dialing me. In actuality it was my good friend at American Airlines calling to let me know Travis' flight was cancelled and they wouldn't be able to get him home until 3pm tomorrow. His flight wasn't due to leave until late this afternoon. Why do they need to call his home, in Texas, when they know full well they have trapped him in New York, at 3:30am? Is American Airlines trying to save money by outsourcing their calls to India, then allowing them to call during their daytime? They probably call in the middle of the night so that you will be too groggy to ask any questions about why they would cancel a flight between two hubs. I got off the phone without reaming them out for calling me in the middle of the night or asking a single question about why the flight was cancelled. I then spent the next hour and a half being pissed off and not being able to fall back to sleep. American Airlines sucks! The good news is Travis was able to call at a decent hour this morning and get on a flight tonight. The bad news is that it comes in at 8:50pm, well after the kids should be in bed, and I need to go get him.

This morning the kids and I had a trial run at going to church by ourselves. We were right on time, which is no good if you want to park within a block of the door. I felt like I had just finished a workout by the time we got to the door. I was carrying Ben in one arm and Lauren in the other while they both struggled to free themselves so they could dodge in and out of traffic with Jack. Jack went to Sunday school, Ben went to the nursery and Lauren came to church with me. I have decided that I will alternate whom I take into church with me each week. Lauren did a good job being quite in church and Ms. Lisa (the childcare worker) said Ben did great by himself in the nursery, so I think this is going to work!

Jack: Do you think God is happy?
Me: Yes.
Jack: He is happy that I went to Sunday school, right?
Me: Yep.
Jack: Is he happy you and Lauren went to church?
Me: Yes.
Jack: Is he happy that Ben went to the nursery?
Me: Yep.
Jack: Is God happy that daddy went to the auto show?
Me: Ummm...I guess so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm going with the outsourced to India theory. I routinely receive soliciting phone calls from people with heavy accents who try in vane to convince me that I'm part of an exclusive group that's eligible for a great deal.