Saturday, April 7, 2007

Just One More?

My kids are that age when you start to think about another baby. I admit it, I have been thinking, but I knew that Travis didn't want any more. I don't know how it came up, but this morning Travis said, "sometimes I don't think it is a horrible idea". To the average person that doesn't sound like a real promising statement, but this is how Travis operates. Before we were married he told me that he wasn't going to have kids. I very politely explained that we were done dating because I was going to have children. We agreed on 'one and we'll talk'. I knew I would be able to talk him into a second after he got to hold his baby. As you know, I am a fabulous sales person. I could sell ice to an Eskimo, ketchup Popsicles to a woman wearing white gloves and babies to my husband. It wasn't as easy as I had anticipated, but he finally agreed with hesitation on a second. My point is, he starts out slow then comes around. Now look at us. We couldn't imagine our life without the three we have.

Maybe I am considering it because Lauren had her pajamas on when I got her out of the crib this morning. But, then I think about how I am almost free. Ben and Lauren will be putting their own shoes on soon. I have three perfect kids now, would I be tempting fate by having another one? It would be fun for Lauren to have a sister...another boy would be fun too. I hate being pregnant, but I love having babies. I hate getting up in the middle of the night, but days like yesterday with Jack are priceless. I love having little kids and the more the better, right? Then I think about when Jack turned two and I was pregnant with the twins; I heard him coming down the stairs repeating "I have to tell mommy I fed the fish" to himself over and over. He had dumped the entire bottle of fish food in the tank. Needless to say he killed all the fish and the tank was a disaster. It smelled so bad; I was gagging while I was trying to clean it up. Travis just threw the entire tank away rather than helping me clean it up. Before that happened many toys and stuffed animals had gone swimming in the fish tank. We are quickly approaching that time with Ben and Lauren. I am a little fearful of what that will be like with two. But, we don't have a fish tank anymore, so I am sure it will be fine! Even numbers are better. Who is going to ride alone when we go to Disney World? Would we be able to afford Disney World with four kids? We have room at our dinner table for just one more.
Maybe we should just not prevent until the babies are two. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it wasn't meant to be...

No comments: