Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just Like Her Name Sake

I was taken back twenty years this morning when Lauren got up. She was still a little sleepy and for comfort she grabbed her blankie, her stuffed leopard and a book. She spread her blanket out on the floor with just enough left to clutch in her sweet little hand, laid down, hugged her leopard and read her book. This is just how I remember my sister. She always had Meme (her blanket) with her, loved her stuffed Lickity Leopard and reading her books. The only differences are that Lauren doesn't have a name for her blanket, she just grunts for it, her leopard's name is Baby and she prefers board books. Lauren has beautiful blue eyes and soft sandy blond hair, just like my sister did when she was young. And, boy does she have attitude! She is already a little diva; if she doesn't get her way prepare yourself for a fit! Maybe it is just the older sister in me, but my sister did the same thing. I couldn't have picked a better person for her to personify, who knew I would end up with two Nicole's in my life. I only wish we saw my sister and her son more often so she could watch 'herself' grow up again.

No comments: