Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ladies Man

Jack had yet another birthday party today and once again he was one of the only boys. All of the girls just love him, I only hope he isn't peaking in preschool! I felt like I was in high school again at this party. I only knew two of the other moms, including the hostess. I met a couple of nice women, but there were some total snots. These women were dressed to the nines for an outdoor 4-year-old birthday party. I thought I was looking pretty good in an Old Navy skirt and top with matching earrings AND I just had my nails done this morning. I am sure these ladies wouldn't be caught dead wearing Old Navy. The diamond in my wedding ring would be too small to even be one of their baguettes. These ladies really thought their shit didn't stink. When I tried to strike up a conversation they were off like a prom dress. They peaked in high school and someone forgot to give them the memo that we are in our 30s now! Whatever, like I told my friend, you can dress a cow up, but she is still a cow! Now, I am just as bad as they are, but someday I may have more money than sense, but they will always be fat and ugly! Leave it to my boy to make me feel better. I went up to him at the party and whispered "you're the coolest buddy!" and he whispered back "no, you are the coolest and the prettiest!” When it comes right down to it, Jack's opinion is really the one whose matters. I am luckiest mommy alive...not to mention the coolest and the prettiest!

1 comment:

Anne said...

aw! I am still peeved about missing the party. At least I would have chatted you up and defrayed some of the dirty looks. Look, I don't even have a diamond anything! And I prolly would have worn my cargo pants with a freaking tank that sorda hides my blubber. (strange but true) So BAH! And tell me about it, those kind of women are the reason why I don't have more friends up here. Or else it's my brilliant personality that scares people away. HAH!