Monday, April 16, 2007

"The Reward Of A Thing Well Done Is To Have It Done" Ralph Waldo Emerson

In Jack's case, the reward is a Hot Wheels track. Jack worked hard on his reward chart last week and earned his reward. We went this morning to pick it out. He proudly walked through Wal-Mart as we bought a few groceries telling anyone who would listen he was four and he was getting a Hot Wheel track because he is a good boy. He is growing up so fast! He stopped one older gentleman and asked him "why do you have my name on your hat?” The hat said ‘Jacks’; the cute older gentleman stopped and carried on a long conversation with Jack about his granddaughter who goes to college there. Another older gentleman stopped me and said "you look like a woman who has lots of experience with kids". He told me that he was looking for a large bib and said he could only find small bibs there. I showed him where to find the bigger bibs and asked him if he was going to be taking care of his grandkids. He told me he was actually shopping for a bib for his 87-year-old wife who has trouble eating. It made me so sad. I don't want to get so old that I need to wear a bib. I don't mind being 87, but if I have to wear a bib it is time for me to go. I really can't picture Travis going to Wal-Mart and asking a young mother for help finding bibs for me to wear. I think this is where Travis would draw the 'for better or worse' line! While all of this was happening the babies were beating the hell out of each other again. Poor Lauren was receiving the brunt of the beating. By the time we got to the check out her hair was a mess and I had her bow in my purse. When we got home and I finished unloading the groceries I noticed teeth marks on her arm. The poor baby wasn't just crying for nothing!

No comments: