Sunday, April 8, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Easter

It actually snowed yesterday! Since it was too cold to play outside we took a drive to the 3rd largest lake in Texas. It is only about an hour and 45 minutes away. We would love for my parents to buy a place out there and at least spend a few months a year here. Jack tells me he will get out his hammer and help them build it. It makes me so sad that they are missing my kids growing up. If anything, this is teaching me where my priorities should be when I have grandchildren! My mom actually listened when I brought it up yesterday, but I fear she may have just been patronizing me.

I'm dreaming of a white Easter just doesn't have the same ring to it! I guess it is more of a nightmare than a dream... When I was sweating as I planted flowers two weeks ago I was thinking how nice they would look in the Easter pictures. Needless to say we are just looking at the flowers through the window. The big news in North Texas is that it is colder for Easter than it was at Christmas time. Brrr!

The Easter Of 2007 Has Taught Me:

1. "Those chickens (aka Peeps) taste like dirt" - Jack

2. You can't keep a good Southern woman down; they will wear their sleeveless Easter frock even if it is only 45 degrees outside.

3. Buy the sweater that matches the Easter dress, even if it is over 80 degrees when you are buying it.

4. See's chocolate bunnies are worth the extra money...yum!

5. You can take a stuffy Lutheran Yankee out of the north, but you can't make him sing and clap in church.

6. Easter grass multiplies like bunnies!

7. Based on a blind taste test; sugar free Pillsbury cinnamon rolls are just as good as the reduced fat Pillsbury cinnamon rolls...but Travis and the kids still prefer Krispy Kreme.

8. Pei Wei makes a good Easter lunch...those Chinese never close!

9. Don't tell the neighbors that you are going to have a relaxing Easter at home or they will ruin it by asking you to come over for dessert.

10. Hiding 95 plastic eggs overwhelms a four year old and two 20 month olds into complacency.

No comments: