Friday, April 20, 2007

Stop The Presses

Jack told the truth! Yes, he did something wrong first, but he fessed up to it before I found the mess. This is progress! He has a strange obsession with water and he took one of Lauren's toys and got it all wet. I told him that I was happy that he told the truth and tried to down play the naughty behavior since it really wasn't that bad. He made me promise to not tell Travis, so it is just our little secret...until Travis reads this post.

Today at MOPS we had a schedule Nazi come and speak about her day-to-day routine. She had some really good ideas about structured playtime that I am going to try to implement. But, she showed us her typed out schedule that she goes by and I can guarantee I would toss that out the window before lunch! She has also developed a schedule that is as big as an interior door that she hangs inside her pantry. She also gave some tips on how to keep the kids from fighting. She suggests that EVERY time Ben and Lauren hurt each other they need to go to time out immediately after the offense. I am going to try it, but I know the schedule won't happen if I am constantly putting someone in time out!

*UPDATE* The diaper rashes were from the Luvs. I went back to the Pampers all day today and Ben is on the mend and I am happy to report that all of Lauren's red bumps are gone!

No comments: