Wednesday, April 4, 2007

To Hell And Back

My poor babies have spent every waking hour in the car or in a doctor’s office today. The ENT appointment was at 9:30; we got home at 11:30 and had lunch. Everyone went down for their naps. If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken a nap too! Everyone woke up just in time to leave for our 2:40 appointment at the pediatrician. Jack is indeed wheezing which meant one of two things; he has pneumonia or he has asthma. The pediatrician sent us to the hospital for Jack to have chest x-rays and it is all clear. The doctor isn't going to call his wheezing asthma yet, but there is nothing else it can be. I guess it can't be officially called asthma until it happens again. After the chest x-ray we headed to Walgreen’s to pick up the inhaler and the Aero Chamber. I nearly needed the inhaler myself when the pharmacist told me what the price was. I asked if he had run it through my insurance and apparently he had, but United Health Care doesn't care if my son stops breathing, so it isn't covered...great! I had to drop off the antibiotic prescription Jack had gotten earlier in the day while we were there. Of course I couldn't wait for it that would be another hour. I took the kids to Sonic for dinner while we waited. After picking up the last prescription we finally arrived home at 6:30! I started the day with a healthy kid, and now I have a deaf, asthmatic, with large anodes and allergies! I guess it is time to trade him in!

No comments: