Friday, April 6, 2007

Best Kid In The World

Jack: Mommy, where did you get that soldier dress?
Me: At a trunk show, do you like it?
Jack: You look beautiful; you are going to be the prettiest mommy at the party!
Me: Thanks Jack, you are the best kid in the world!
Jack: You are the most beautiful mommy in the whole wide world! Do you know what would make you more beautiful?
Me: Tell me
Jack: If you wear the necklace I made you at school yesterday.

You have to love that kid! I wore the plastic bead necklace to the mall and in front of my friends because my sweet boy asked me too. Nobody mentioned it. Does that mean they didn't notice? Or, did they think that I was under the impression that it went with my outfit? Doesn't matter, Jack was happy and we had a great date!

Jack had a birthday party at Build-A-Bear this morning. I got a babysitter for Ben and Lauren so Jack and I could have special time together. When we arrived at the meeting place the birthday girl immediately put a birthday hat with butterflies and flowers all over it on Jack's head. Jack did his best to patronize the birthday girl and her mother, but it only lasted a few minutes. He quietly came over and told me the hat was for girls and asked if he could take it off. I can only imagine how this mother is going to be when she is planning her daughter's wedding. She was a birthday Nazi. She was making the kids line up in a single file line to walk through the mall!

After the party we stopped to buy some socks for Travis. Jack asked me to carry him; it was great getting to indulge him. I don't get to do that very often since we usually have the babies with us. I got to walk through the mall holding my boy while he hugged and kissed on me. I am sure people were thinking he was too big to be carried, but I will carry him as long as he will let me!

No comments: