Monday, April 2, 2007

Why?

Why do I do this to myself? I ironed two little linen dress shirts, two little pairs of khaki pants and a little dress. I combed hair and put in Lauren's bow, then I loaded three naked kids and three perfectly pressed outfits into the car and drove to the mall. We got to the mall and I dressed all three kids and headed towards the bunny. All was going well, there wasn't even a line at the bunny. We got right up to the front then Lauren spotted the creepy bunny and high tailed it in the other direction. It wasn't long before Ben followed. I corralled Ben and Lauren and plopped them on the bunny's lap. I didn't even have Lauren in the furry's lap when she started screaming as though I was handing her over to an ax murderer. I caved and instructed the photographer to just take the picture, fifteen dollars later we were leaving the bunny with two unhappy babies and one bad picture! By the time I had Ben and Lauren loaded up in the stroller they were happily waving at the bunny. If they could talk I picture them saying, "nanny, nanny, boo, boo, you can't get me!"

Perhaps this is why only one person at the Target portrait studio will take my money. I called today hoping to get an appointment this afternoon, but my regular girl is on vacation and won't return until Thursday. I looked at my calendar and neither Thursday nor Friday will work for us so I asked for an appointment today. The girl who was working hesitated and I asked her if she was scared of us. She denied being scared, but then quickly said, "well, I know Leslie is so good with your kids, I don't want you to be disappointed". So, what you are telling me is that you don't want to take my kids' picture? I guess I don't blame her after my experience today! So, we won't be getting our Easter pictures taken until Easter Monday.

On the way home from the mall Jack explained Easter to me in all of his four-year-old wisdom. "One day one of the bad guys that live with God made Jesus crawl into a deep dark cave then rolled a big rock in front of the door and left. It was really dark in the cave. Three days later the rock was gone and Jesus went up into the air with God. The end.

No comments: