Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Problem Solved

Yesterday's shooting at Virginia Tech has solved a problem for us. I figure we no longer need to save for college. This kills two birds with one stone. I don't have to worry about saving for college, and then I don't have to worry about my kids when I send them away to college! In all seriousness, my thoughts and prayers are with the students and families.

My aunt sent me an email last night announcing she has breast cancer. This is the last thing anyone needs, particularly MY aunt. She works extremely hard as a teacher to take care of my cousin. She is one of those teachers you want your kid to have. She really cares about her students! In her email last night she mentioned her students have TAKS today so she wouldn't have time to talk. She just amazes me; at a time like this she is still thinking about school! My cousin is in college and sometimes (most of the time) expects too much of her mother. My aunt really needs to take a couple steps back and put herself first so she can beat this. I think that is going to be the hardest thing for her! I intend on telling my aunt this when I speak to her and calling my cousin to give her a little loving advice!

Today is picture day at school for Jack. He got dressed in his button down shirt, slacks and belt then patiently stood while I fixed his hair and then asked for hairspray (normally he won't let me use it). He stepped back and looked in the mirror and told me "I am good looking, just like daddy!" It took all I had to not laugh at him; he is starting to get annoyed when I laugh at him when he thinks he is being serious.

The cleaning people came for the first time this morning. I feel so inadequate. They did a good job and got my entire house clean, breakfast dishes washed and beds changed in an hour and a half. I was shocked. Ben and Lauren clung to me the entire time. They acted like they have never seen anyone clean before...I guess it is a good thing we hired them!

No comments: