Thursday, April 5, 2007

Disclaimer

"Hi, this is Jack. Here is his Epi-Pen for his egg allergy, his cream for his eczema, his inhaler and aero chamber for his asthma, his Singular for his pollen allergy, a book on sign language because he can't hear and his pocket protector for his pens. Oh yeah, and don't worry if he falls down, he is a little knock kneed. I will be back in a couple hours sweetie, be careful!"

Okay, so it wasn't that bad, but I felt like I was setting my poor kid up to be labeled a nerd! I had to explain to his teacher that he hasn't been hearing well and she needed to make sure that he was looking at her so that he knew she was talking to him. She acted as though I had told her Jack was never going to hear again. She took my hand and said, "you know, I noticed he wasn't paying attention if he had his back turned". I could never be a preschool teacher; I am just not that nice! I told her no worries, they are going to clear out the fluid and he should be just fine in a month or so. Then I had to move on to the inhaler. She told me her kids have asthma so she knew just what to do. Then she told me she understands how scary it is and again attempted to comfort me. Wait a minute, it's scary? I hadn't thought of it that way. Great, now I have another thing to worry about!

I think we are going to try some blue bonnet pictures today after Jack's Easter party at school. I know it is risky, but I love to play with my camera and who knows maybe I will get a good picture...but probably not!

No comments: