Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm Telling!

This has been bothering me for a while, so I am curious to know what the rest of the world thinks. Whenever we get together with Ann and Elsie for a play date the girls are constantly tattling on Jack. "Jack stuck his tongue out at me", "Jack said butt", "Jack isn't playing with me", "Jack won't give me a turn"... It drives me crazy! Elsie's mom is good about reminding her not to tattle, but Ann's mom isn't quite as consistent. Jack doesn't do the things that he gets ratted out for when he isn't with Elsie and Ann. Jack tattles on occasion, but not nearly as much as the girls. I have three questions. Does Jack behave worse when he is with his friends? Do four-year-old girls tattle more than four-year-old boys? Am I wrong when I am visibly annoyed and ignore the other kids when they tattle?

No comments: