Friday, April 6, 2007

Bad Hair Day...

Actually, it is going to be more like a bad hair month or two. Travis took Jack to the barber today for a haircut. I am not sure whether to laugh or cry when I look at him. As my dad would say "we got our money's worth". I will admit that his hair had gotten a little long, as a matter of fact; it was growing over his ears. Now, I think I can actually see skin; the barber must have used a 1/8th guard. He has a flat top gone horribly wrong. I guess it is more like a buzz cut, but for added interest he has an off center one inch square tuft of hair right up front. This hair cut is worse than anything I have ever done to him. Right before Jack's second birthday, I was pregnant and very nauseous and forgot to put the guard on the trimmer. I ended up taking a pretty big chunk out of his hair, with a little blending it turned out okay. But this haircut is just down right bad. Jack has a double colic that is going to be a nightmare to grow out! It makes his head look so big! Don't barber's need to go to school or something? Travis actually paid the barber for this abomination. Travis told me that it would look better after we gave him a bath. What is going to make it look better? I didn't know that bath water makes hair grow. Bath water makes it look worse; the tuft flattens down on his forehead making him look like Eddie Munster. I am going to have to try to fix this tomorrow. Even if I get Ben and Lauren to smile in their Easter outfits on Monday for pictures they are still going to be bad because of this haircut from hell. I wonder if Jack is going to remember this like I remember Jay who cut my hair like a boy when I was young. I can only hope he isn't going to be scared for life!

No comments: