Thursday, April 19, 2007

Shoe Fetish

Lauren has a shoe fetish. She loves to put her shoes on even when we aren't going anywhere. When people come over and leave their shoes at the door you can be sure that Lauren will be walking through the house in them soon. She gets mad if she doesn't get to choose the shoes she wears. I am glad we are finally past Easter because she had a real problem understanding NO WHITE SHOES BEFORE EASTER. In Nebraska the rule is no white shoes before Memorial Day, but true southerners have told me that it is Easter down here! I worry that there is going to be a day when I have to tell her that she doesn't get Prada shoes because mommy doesn't get Prada shoes. Lauren loves dress shoes and fights me when I try to put her cute little pink and white Nike's on. This has been hard for me to adjust to, when I was growing up all I had was a collection of Chuck Taylors in various colors and patterns. My question is this, if she loves her shoes so much why does she always take them off within seconds of getting in the car? Every time we get to our destination I have to put her shoes back on.

No comments: