Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Monsters

Will I ever get to take a relaxing shower again, like I used to before I had children? This morning started out busy, but it was great! Too busy to shower. While I fixed breakfast, Jack read Halloween stories to his little sister, so sweet!




Jack is having his class Halloween party at school today, so he went in his Cat In The Hat costume. It was fun to drop him off and watch everyone admire his costume. I really wanted a shirt that said, "Yep, I made that!" Yesterday he wore his Spiderman costume for the all school fall party. Costumes were optional yesterday. I told Jack that not everyone will be wearing a costume and he could just wear regular clothes. He poo pooed me and told me he would wear a different costume for the fall party and his "real" costume on Halloween. When I picked him up his teacher said only 4 of the 12 kids in his class wore costumes. On the way home we talked about what the other kids dressed up as and how everyone thought his costume was the best. I asked him if he was glad that he wore his costume and he answered with a resounding "YES! the kids who didn't wear costumes were sad!" I really admire his confidence!


When the babies and I got home from dropping Jack off I jumped in the shower. It was kind of a long one because I had to shave my legs. (I am going to the doctor this afternoon and didn't want to be embarrassed!) Things were quite for a while then Ben and Lauren decided to join me. First they threw Travis' towel into the tub, then they went on a search for other things to throw in. Their item of choice? Telephones. They systematically turned on every phone then threw it into the tub. The tub is pretty deep, so once they throw something in they are unable to retrieve it. So, I showered to a chorus of busy signals, operators saying "If you would like to make a call, please hang up" and two toddlers sing songing "uh oh, uh oh". I figured I could make through the rest of my shower like that until I heard one of the little monsters turn the water in the tub on! Needless to say that ended my shower right away! I am happy to report that no phones were injured during the stunt!



After I got the phones out of the tub and myself dried off I went into the living room to hear all of the phone bases paging the missing phones. Then I went in the office to find my chair on its side.Is it too early to start my Christmas list? As of right now, I am dreaming of a new office chair and a peaceful shower...oh, and a new dishwasher because I think ours broke last night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...isn't is fun to have kids???? It's amazing the things they can get into in such a short amount of time!!

Michelle said...

These things only happen when you are in the bathroom (doing anything) or on the phone...why is that?

Oh, and I so totally want your bathtub!