Monday, October 29, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

I have been tagged by the Sexy Housewife to list seven random things about me. Too bad I just told you that I don’t get gas; I guess that isn’t random anymore.

1. I was on the varsity swim team in high school. I was pretty good too. I swam breaststroke and may have made it to the state finals my senior year if I hadn’t been having trouble with my knees (come to find out it was MS) and ordered by my doctor to quit swimming.

2. I was diagnosed with MS in December of 2000. I am fully functioning and give myself daily injections in hopes of slowing the progression of the disease.

3. I gave birth to twin boys December 9th 2001. They were born at 25 ½ weeks and passed away after a few hours of life.

4. I have no rhythm. My husband and I took dance lessons for the first dance at our wedding reception. It nearly led to our divorce before we actually got married. He would squeeze my hand, grit his teeth and count in a growling whisper and I still couldn’t find the beat!

5. I gained the freshmen 40. That’s right, I gained 40 pounds my freshman year in college. It was due to Travis, he used to come by my dorm room and offer to take me to Burger King. Oh, that and I drank lots and lots of beer. The good news is that I was able to loose it all in the 3-month summer break!

6. I wish I could get my kids a puppy for Christmas. There are only two problems; the twins are deathly afraid of dogs and Travis is dragging his feet. I think it would help my yearning for another baby.

7. I was 21 years old when I got married. I know, I know, there are a bunch of statistics saying it shouldn’t last because we were so young. But, we have 10 years behind us already! My parents were 19 years old and they are still together 37 years later!

Now the fun part. I get tag other bloggers. So Trisha, it is about time you post again, Lisa and Anne let's see if you can tell me something I don't already know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got married when I was 19, and we're going on 15 years. I'm sure people thought we'd never last. Thanks for your post.

Lisa said...

I am the Meme Princess, as you are the Meme Queen!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for playing along!

LOL at #4! My hubby and I had a similar dance experience at the wedding this last weekend. My hubby has no ryhthm. Of course it was my toes that suffered.

I got pregnant at 19 and married at 21. We are still together. I don't think I could keep up with my kids if I was just starting now!

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions