Monday, October 29, 2007

Lead For Sale!


So on the news this morning I saw a story on the lead paint on Thomas trains. The CEO of RC2, the toy company, was talking about how he planned to win back parents' trust. The company is scraping paint off various trains and testing it for lead. Needless to say, all of the recalls and testing is costing RC2 a lot of money. So, what is the company going to do? They are going to have to raise prices. I am not the CEO of the toy company, or any company for that matter, but I don't see how raising prices is going to help the company win any friends. Their public relations and marketing departments have their work cut out for them. Look at it from the parents' perspective; I have just had to send a bunch of wooden trains, that I spent between $12 and $20 each on, back because RC2 cut costs by having them manufactured in China. Your company put my family at risk. While I was spending more to buy your trains rather than the less expensive, lead free competition you were sitting back counting your money. Now, after you have betrayed me and millions of others, you are asking me to pay even more for your product because you are finally doing what is right. You must be insane!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am boycotting all toys for Christmas this year, everyone gets broccoli.

Also, I am taggin you...7 random things about yourself. Sorry.