Thursday, November 1, 2007

I Want Candy!

As you can see the kids made out pretty well yesterday! The city has a big Halloween party in the square and all of the shop owners pass out candy. There were more people than I care to deal with milling about waiting for their free dum dums and sweet tarts. We met Anne and Trisha down there, so that made it much more tolerable. Unfortunately, the kids were nominated by one of the judges to be in the costume contest. Jack really wanted to see if he won so we had to stay until the last dog was hung. The look on Jack's face when the judges called The Cat In The Hat, Thing One and Thing Two made it worth the wait. He was so proud to be one of the ten semi finalists!

After the square we came home and had pizza with our friends before hitting the neighbors up for candy. Before we could get out annoying neighbor called to ask for the devil costume. So, I did what any spineless mother would do and sent the devil horns and tail over with my son and his friend. I watched them as they crossed the street; unfortunately annoying neighbor caught sight of me and came across the street. We had three cars in front of our house, it was obvious that we had company; she just has no shame.

AN: So, did you just wear a black dress with this?
Me: Yep! (I wasn't going to go into detail on my dress again, why bother?)
AN: (to her daughter) I have some black dresses you can try on. (Side note: her daughter probably wears a size 4 and she wears at least a size 20)
AN: So, can annoying daughter trick or treat with you guys?
Me: Oh sorry, we already have plans, we are going over to the other neighborhood with our friends.

That takes a lot of nerve for her to ask me to take her kid with me. I think I have plenty of children to watch on my own! It would be different if she would be help, but she is a giant pain in the ass. She is scared of dogs and her own shadow; I can only imagine what she is like on Halloween!

No comments: