Saturday, October 27, 2007

Devil

So yesterday I am outside trying to play with the kids BY MYSELF when annoying neighbor and her annoying 12 year old come over to play. The mother asks me what I am doing that evening so I tell her that I will be going to Halloween bunko. I hoped to drop it at this point because she is always hinting around for an invite. But she didn't let it drop and it got worse.

Annoying neighbor (referred to as AN from this point forward): So, are you dressing up?
Me: Yep
AN: What are you going to be?
Me: A devil, I am "borrowing" the horns and tail from Jack's old costume and wearing a short little red dress and flaming stockings.
AN: My daughter can't decide what she is going to be this year; maybe she could borrow your costume.
Me: (again being the assertive push over) Okay.

First of all, I think that once you are in middle school your trick or treating days are over. Just go buy your kid some candy! When do you think a kid should hang up their trick or treat bag? What would you do if a 12 year old came to your door dressed like this?


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wowzers! What a hot mama you are, Kelli! And NO, I don't think 12-year-olds should trick-or-treat...time to pass out candy!!!

Hope Bunco was fun- what a great idea!

Michelle said...

So where is your pitchfork?

I get my oldest to take the younger ones trick or treating and most of our neighbors feel sorry for her and give her candy anyway.

Kelli said...

Jack had a pitchfork for his costume, but I got tired of the way he was stabbing his brother and sister with it and threw it away! I guess I should have just hid it rather than throw it away, hindsight is 20/20!