Saturday, October 13, 2007

5 Out Of 7 Kids Agree

The quesadillas were a success! Jack loved his and thought there was nothing more than cheese in his quesadilla. He actually saw the moms enjoying them (3 out of 3 moms agree) and came over to claim another one fearing that they would all be gone when he finished his first helping. Honestly, I didn't even want to try them after making them because the idea of squash mixed with the cheese kind of made my stomach turn. But after another adult tried them and said they were decent I hade to see for myself. They really were pretty darn good. I left the spices out for the kids but I think they would have been something I would actually choose to eat if they had a little more flavor. The two pickiest eaters seemed to be wise to my deception and only touched the quesadillas when they were faced with the threat of not getting to decorate sugar cookies with the rest of the kids!

Travis wasn't there last night and I was slapped in the face with how much clean up he does while I am chatting with our friends. My job is to cook and Travis' job is to clean up. It is rare that I have to do much clean up. I filled and started the dishwasher last night before I went to bed, but I still woke up to this mess:



No comments: