Monday, October 8, 2007

Are You Really Fooling Anyone?

Jessica Seinfeld was on Oprah this afternoon. She is a mother of 3 kids under 7-years-old and claims to have perfected the art of sneaking veggies into their diet. She purees veggies and puts them in similar colored foods kids like. Brownies with spinach and carrots, macaroni and cheese with cauliflower and chicken nuggets with broccoli, sound suspicious don't they? She has written a cookbook called 'Deceptively Delicious' that has me very interested. I have printed several recipes from Oprah's website and plan to try them out on my family when they least expect it! If all goes well I will be putting the cookbook on my Christmas list!

2 comments:

Crystal D said...

Be sure to let us know how it goes. It sounds like a great idea. I was thinking I could even just buy baby food to use as the puree. I know I am not going to sit around on Sunday night and puree veggies for the week, but I can stock up on baby broccoli, green beans and sweet potatoes.

Lisa said...

I too watched Oprah yesterday & looked for the book at Target. If you look on Amazon, there is another similar book that got better reviews. Good to know that there are recipes on Oprah's website, and good idea, Crystal, to buy baby food!
Please let us know how the recipes go!