Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Something You Don't Know About Me...

I don't put gas in my car, or any other car for that matter. The tank gets low, and then it is miraculously full again. One of the modern mysteries!

As we were driving home from photography class last night I mentioned to Anne that I needed gas and that I was probably going to have to get it myself since it couldn't wait until the weekend. Anne was shocked that I don't get my own gas and said that would be one of those little known facts about myself. You see Travis knows that I hate getting gas so he does it for me. What is there to hate? I don't know; it is just a waste of time. I am always late leaving the house (notice I didn't say late to arrive, I make up time on the road!) and the last thing I have time for is stopping for gas. I can never remember what side the gas tank is on so I always look like an idiot leaning my head out the open door to see if it is on the drivers side. When I finally get parked I forget how to open the gas lid...is it called a lid? I don't know! Travis insists on having me drive these newfangled foreign cars that require you to push a button on the inside before you open the lid from the outside. What was wrong with the 1980 Dodge Omni I drove when I was 16 where the cap just screwed off? When I finally get pumping it never fails that I end up with gas on my hand, shoe and car. Not to mention I can’t stand what gas costs, I hate knowing that I just spent $40-$50. I could buy a new pair of jeans for that! I am just happier burying my head in the sand. You see, what I don’t know can’t hurt me!
When I got home last night I told Travis about my bad luck. So sad that I would have to pump my own gas. He offered to go get me more last night, but I declined. I can get my own gas, I just prefer not to! This morning while I slept in (until the kids got up at 7am) Travis went out and got gas in my car so I wouldn't have to do it on the way to drop Jack off at school. Now, that is a good man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, he sounds like a keeper for sure!!!

Michelle said...

I hate taking the time, pumping the gas, paying for gas...but alas...there are no gas pumping fairies at my house.

;-)