Friday, October 5, 2007

Mother Of The Year



I just have one question. Where do I pick up my reward? You know, the one for mother of the year. Today Jack and I made spiders out of mini pumpkins. While we were waiting for the paint to dry we ran to the craft store for googley eyes and pipe cleaners, then met two of my girlfriends, one of their husbands and all SEVEN (six boys and Lauren) kids for dinner. As if I hadn't punished myself enough with dinner, when we got home I put Ben and Lauren to bed then Jack and I finished our spiders. All went well with the legs, then I temporarily lost all sanity and told Jack he could "shoot" the hot glue gun as I held the eye. I went over the one ground rule, "don't get hot glue on mommy's finger". Apparently something was lost in translation as you can see from the picture. The thing that looks like glue on the tip of my middle finger is actually skin from the blister that immediately formed and burst. I have been resting my fingers on an ice pack ever since. Jack feels really bad. I was really proud of myself, I didn't yell at him or swear, but I will admit I said "ouch" at least 500 times. Jack told me that he wishes it was a "cold glue gun" so it wouldn't have burned my fingers.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That is really cute :) I may have to copy the idea...only use a cold glue gun!

Crystal D said...

I love those spiders. That is going to be a project this weekend. But I think I will be in charge of the HOT glue.
PS - Here is your award...
****MOM of the YEAR****