Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Want To Talk About Me...

I think I have been posting more about Anne lately than my children. I don't have much to talk about today so I am copying her first born meme post. Although Jack was not my "first born", I will answer the questions on him because he is the oldest and the first we took home from the hospital!

1. Were you married at the time? Yes.
2. What were your reactions? I really couldn't believe it, we were having so much trouble getting pregnant that we were going to take some time off, I actually had the birth control pills on the counter waiting for my next cycle to start.
3. How old were you? 27
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I called the doctor to tell her that my period hadn't started so that I could start taking the birth control pills, I must admit I got a little hysterical and told her this was why I wasn't getting pregnant, which is when she suggested I take a pregnancy test, who knew?
5. Who did you tell first? Katie came over to check out the pink line
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yep, I am a total planner
7. Did you deliver early or late? I was due on the 15th; my doctor induced me on the 13th because she was going on vacation the next day.
8. Did you have morning sickness? Yes, I blame the morning sickness for my weight gain, if I didn't have food in my stomach I would dry heave. I remember one time where I ralphed in the trash can at work while one of my male co-workers held my hair back. That was the day I told my boss I was pregnant, I didn't want her to think that I was coming in after a bender!
9. What did you crave? My favorite lunch was a fried chicken sandwich from Burger King, Potato Oles from Taco Johns followed up with a large blizzard from Dairy Queen. Yes, I would drive thru all of those places in one lunch; do you have a problem with that?
10. Who irritated you the most? I can't really think of anyone who irritated me more than anyone else.
11. What was your first child’s sex? Boy
12. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? It is hard to give an exact figure. My doctor weighted me two weeks before delivery and I was up 87lbs. I refused to weigh in again after that humiliation. I am sure I packed on a few more pounds after that! The good news is that it all came off!
13. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I was heavily monitored because of the trouble I had with Nate and Spence but Jack was a picture perfect pregnancy.
14. Where did you give birth? Methodist Hospital in Omaha, NE
15. How many hours were you in labor? I was induced at noon and Jack was born at 3:33pm
16. Who drove you to the hospital? Travis
17. Who watched? Travis and a bunch of interns who were hanging out in my room because we had March madness on TV
18. Was it natural or c-section? Natural
19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Yep. After I was induced the nurse suggested that I walk the halls to get my labor going. I took two laps around and told Travis that the contractions were getting uncomfortable. We went back to my room, the nurse checked me and I was already at 4cm. She offered an epidural and I took it...it is rude not to take something you are offered, right?
20. How much did your child weigh? 7lbs 6ozs
21. Did your child have any complications? Not a one!
22. What did you name him/her? Jackson Kingsley
23. How old is your first-born today? 4 years, 7 months