Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Shut In

Today’s gray weather really matches my mood this afternoon. Ben, Lauren and I have been shut ins today because Travis took my car. I don't know how my grandmother stayed home with her four kids without a car. She must have been nuts! Jack had school today so good ol' Anne took him to school and brought him home. We didn't have anything we had to do, but if we don't get out of the house the kids get a little stir crazy which makes me even more gloomy, causing an out of control spiral. Nothing that a leisurely trip through Target couldn't have fixed! This is something that I will try to explain to Travis when he and my car get home from work today. I guarantee that he won't understand it. Taking the kids somewhere when they are edgy is the last thing that he would want to do. The great news is that I have class tonight, so I will get out of here and Travis will get a small taste of my day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ugh! No fun! Maybe take Travis to work tomorrow & pick him up? Just knowing that your stranded adds to the gloom!