Friday, October 12, 2007

Angels To Monsters in 3.2 Seconds








You would think that I would have this parenting thing down by now since I have been at it for 4 1/2 years, but I have to admit there are still things I have yet to learn. How are kids able to go from having a great time to melting down in a matter of seconds? More importantly, why do I still miss the warning signs? We had a great morning feeding animals, going on a hayrack ride and picking out pumpkins. Then the clock struck midnight, I mean noon, and my little angels turned into monsters! Jack was crying because his pumpkin was too heavy, I was stuck carrying the other pumpkins, dragging Lauren out by her arm as she screamed like a banshee and prodding Ben to hurry up as he stopped by each blade of grass to say hello. Would this have been easier if I would have just seen this melt down coming and left 5 minutes earlier? Only God knows.

No comments: