Monday, October 22, 2007

To Shot Or Not To Shot?

The kids and I got flu shots this morning. I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't seem to hurt as much this year. Maybe we just got a good nurse, who knows! I mentioned to Travis a week or so ago that I really think he should get a flu shot this year. I was shocked when he asked me "why?” I reminded him of the last two years when he was dying in bed for days with the flu while the rest of the family remained healthy. "I got sick?" he asked with surprise. Hello? Are you not the same person who told me last year to make you get a flu shot this year? Not to mention the guilt trip my neurologist attempted to send my dear husband on last year when he found out Travis hadn't been vaccinated. When I brought that up Travis played dumb. How is it possible to forget both the illness and the doctor's wishes? Imagine my surprise when Travis told me that the traveling nurses were actually at his office passing out flu shots and he declined. What's the over/under on Trav getting the flu this year?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think if he gets the flu you should take the kids to the local Embassy Suites & live it up. Bring a babysitter, and do coctail hour! Good reminder though - Lulu gets her flu shot next Monday, but I need to prioritize getting one for both Goosey & I!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to decide about flu shots for my allergy/asthma prone kids myself. They're recommended, but it's a first for us. Anyway, happened across your blog, and am enjoying it. :)