Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lucky Me!

How did I get so lucky? Today was muffins with mom at Jack's preschool. The kids sang a special surprise song; I can honestly say that Jack was the best one. Jack had all of the hand motions down and was so cute! I will say it wasn't a big surprise to me because Jack told me yesterday that they were going to sing a special surprise song and it goes like this and then proceeded to sing me the song. The kids made trivets with their handprints and vases out of paper cups with flowers made from sponges and drinking straws. The kids also wrote 'My Mommy's Biography", this is what Jack wrote about me:
"My Mommy's name is Kelli. She is 6 feet tall and weighs 64 pounds. Her hair color is black and her eyes are blue. The prettiest thing about my mother is that I like to hug her. Even though she is 4 years old, she still looks good. I love my mommy because I like to hug her. But she really gets mad when I get cheese without asking. When I am really good she gives me stickers. When I am at school she goes to the post office. I am glad she is my mother because I love her."
For the record, I am only 5'10" and I actually weigh about 66 pounds. My hair is brown as are my eyes. I asked Jack what color my eyes were and he said, "I was just kidding, I know your eyes are black".

Our neighbors opened up their pool today. Jack was very excited to break it back in. I took all three kids over. Jack got right in while the babies took their time getting adjusted. Ben finally stood in the water on the stairs and played catch with the neighbor girl, while Lauren wore goggles on her head like a headband and strutted around the deck like a model. She got annoyed every time a splash of water would touch her skin. Ben was getting less and less cautious as he played. He fell off the step, but don't worry, I've still got it; I swooped him up without even getting my shorts wet. I shocked all of my neighbors when I pulled Ben out of the water and cheered him on for getting his hair wet. Lauren was highly traumatized, but it wasn't long before Ben was ready to try it again. That's my boy! As we were leaving, the neighbor said "bye-bye" to the kids in his Donald Duck voice, it was so cute when Ben did his best to imitate him and said it right back to him!

As Mother's Day approaches I can't help but think about how lucky I am to have the kids I do. They are worth every difficult thing I have ever had to endure. If my life would have been any easier I wouldn't have these three kids. If I wouldn't have been diagnosed with MS in 2000, I probably wouldn't have ever used any fertility methods and wouldn't have gotten pregnant with Nate and Spence. If we wouldn't have lost the boys we would have stopped at two and we wouldn't have the kids we have today. Nor would I appreciate them as much as I do. I love my kids, I love my husband and I love my life, I would do it all over again for them!

No comments: