Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dinosaur Bites

Jack does not like to eat his vegetables at dinnertime. We have tried just about everything to make him eat them. We have done four bites because he is four years old, eat it or you can't get up from the table, eat it so you can have dessert, expecting the food to be gone by the time we count to 3, you name it! For some reason asking him to take a giant dinosaur bite has been working. But, my question is this. Why does he take a giant dinosaur bite of something he doesn't like then hold it in his cheek like a chipmunk rather than just chewing it up and swallowing it? Why doesn't he understand that the sooner he swallows it, the sooner he won't taste it? When I was young my parents used to make me eat peas. I had popping them in my mouth, taking a big gulp of milk and swallowing without chewing down to an art. I have tried to give him some pointers, but he is not taking my advice.

No comments: