Friday, May 25, 2007

Big Girls Don't Cry

Lauren had her first haircut today. I was so proud of her, she didn't cry at all. Well, actually she whimpered a little when the hairdresser was wetting her hair. You know how she doesn't like to get wet! After that she stayed really still because she was promised sparkles in her hair if she didn't move. She looks so pretty and grown up! I had to bring Ben and Jack with us too, I only had to talk to them a couple of times about behaving, but they were really great too. I was just counting my blessings that there wasn't a melt down at the salon and wanted to leave as soon as possible without incident. After I got the kids all loaded into the car I realized that I had forgotten to pay. I was so embarrassed, I had to run back in and admit that I was a little overwhelmed!
I have been spending the last couple of days throwing myself a pity party over my MS trouble. Travis has been so supportive; he has really reminded me why I married him. He knows just what to say when I am feeling down. He has encouraged me to fight. It has taken me awhile to let it soak in, but I am not going to take this lying down! Yesterday I called my neurologist and got the next available appointment...October 25th! Can you believe that! I did some research online and found that other people have had success with physical therapy, so I got my neurologist to give me a referral to a physical therapist and as soon as we are insured again I will start going!

Trisha's dad sold office space in Santa Fe to Life Vessel, which is an enclosed, patented unit in which light, sound, frequency, and vibration are imparted to the patient. It is non-invasive. The Life Vessel does not cure, heal, or mitigate disease. It just supports the body's own natural healing ability to do so. The Life Vessel detoxifies and removes stress from the body. It also helps balance the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS). The ANS regulates every conscious and unconscious function and organ within the body. A balanced ANS is critical to a balanced and effective immune system. If the ANS is out of balance, health will deteriorate and may not improve no matter what else is done. I know it sounds a little over the top, but I am willing to try anything! It won't hurt me, but it might help!! Plus, it will give me an excuse to go back to Santa Fe!!

It is my responsibility to be positive. I need to make myself better and I will! My kids deserve nothing but the best. I am constantly looking at my life and thinking about how lucky I am. I have three beautiful, healthy, happy kids and a wonderful, hard working, supportive husband, they deserve more than the depressed lump I have been lately. So, those of you who are hanging out at my pity party...you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here! The party is over!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't I stay just a little bit longer and have a glass of Pinot?

Anne said...

Why don't you just change to my pity party?