Saturday, May 26, 2007

Barbara Shop

I used to cut Jack's hair in the backyard all the time, but lately he has been going to the barber with Travis. The last time he came home with the absolute worst haircut. It was buzzed at about a #3 all over his head with a long tuft slightly off center in the front. It was bad. So bad that I actually had to do a little correction work. But, I didn't tell Jack because I didn't want him to feel self-conscious. His hair has finally grown out, so I took him outside in between raindrops today for a good free haircut!
Jack: Are you cutting my hair because the barbara gave me a bad haircut?
Me: You mean barber?
Jack: Yes, are you cutting my hair because I got a bad haircut at the barbara shop?
Me: Who told you that you got a bad haircut?
Jack: Nobody
Me: It wasn't bad
Jack: Then why did you cut it after I got home?
Me: Well, it wasn't good either
Jack: So, is that why I am not getting my hair cut at the barbara shop today?
Me: In a word, yes.
Jack: What word?
Me: Never mind

1 comment:

Anne said...

i love that you can remember these conversations so well. Lily and I have amusing exchanges from time to time but when I get to the computer my brain is way too fried to recall exactly. you rock.