Monday, May 7, 2007

C'mon Get Happy!

When my kids are acting cranky for no particular reason I often sing 'C'mon Get Happy' by the Partridge Family or I tell them to get glad in the same pants they are sad in. Anyway, I am happy to report that I have gotten glad about the art auction. I got a chance to talk to my uncle today and he thought the auction went okay and he would be happy to do it again next year. MOPS ended up making about $2000 before our expenses, so we will be able to operate for a whole year. Not to mention how happy I am with all of our new art. My uncle told a story at the auction about buying art that brings you enjoyment. Travis and I bought an oil that has been bringing me enjoyment every time I look at it. The painting is hanging in our family room above our fireplace. I get to look at this beautiful painting every time I sit on my couch or stand in my kitchen. How can I be upset when I look at this great painting?

1 comment:

Misty said...

It is a beautiful painting!
It is even better that you are faithful at reminding your babies to readjust their attitudes/perspectives... So often thats all it takes! those Partridge family singers sure had it right! :)