Friday, May 18, 2007

Book 'Em

I went to a seminar last night entitled "What Your Child Needs To Know Before Kindergarten". The speaker didn't give a list of the things my child needs to know before kindergarten, it was a bait and switch! However, she did give us some good information on reading to our kids. The take away information is that we should be reading 3 books and 2 nursery rhymes to our children (individually) every night before bed. Do the math that is 9 books and 6 rhymes per night. We are going to have to start the bedtime routine right after dinner! We started last night and they all loved their book time. I think having a little wind down routine helped the babies fall asleep. I didn't even hear them get out of bed last night. I am not going to call it success until I can replicate the results tonight!

No comments: