Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bye, Bye, Baby Bed

Last night I went to Wal-Mart and purchased two of the cheapest toddler beds I could find. I thought about ignoring the fact that Lauren was trying to climb out of her crib, but I figured I couldn't plead ignorance if she fell on her head since I blogged about it yesterday. Last night Travis put together one of the beds and this morning I cleaned out Ben and Lauren's closet. I gave Anne a bag of girl clothes this morning at playgroup and have a bag of boy clothes to pass on to my nephew. Why is it so hard for me to part with the cribs? The clothes I am happy to get rid of, but I have this feeling that I shouldn't get rid of the cribs. What if we need them again? Part of me is thrilled to be leaving yet another stage of babyhood, while the other part of me is saying "are you sure you don't want just one more?” I long for the day when my family is old enough to go skiing, white water rafting, parasailing, snorkeling, hiking and various other adventure type vacations. But, on the other hand I fear leaving this comfortable baby stage that I have grown to love. I am watching my 7-month-old nephew for the weekend in a couple weeks. I am thinking this is just what I need to clear things up in my mind. This will either be more than I want to handle on a regular basis or it will make me what another kid more than ever. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: