Tuesday, June 12, 2007

God Bless The Scientists

Those of you who know me well know that Good Morning America is part of our morning routine. I turn on the TV and it is in the background as I make breakfast, dress kids, brush hair, etc. This morning they had on two young scientists at a university that I can't remember. These girls tested the 5-second rule. All of the mother's out there are familiar with this rule; if food hits the ground it is still edible if you pick it up within 5 seconds. I am a religious follower of this rule, unless of course it is something sticky like a sucker or falls on a public bathroom floor. Come to find out, you have 30 seconds to pick up something wet, like an apple slice and a whole minute to pick up something dry like a Skittle before any bacteria grows. This is going to change my life! I can pick up the food that Ben throws on the floor and serve it to him again. No more waste! I think I could feed an entire third world country from what I pick up under the babies' chairs after a meal.

No comments: