Saturday, June 9, 2007

No Pain, No Gain

Yesterday I actually paid for an ass kicking Pilates style! Correction, my insurance company paid for it. My neurologist referred me to physical therapy 3 times a week so I am going to a place that does Pilates physical therapy. Basically, I go there for a personal training session. It is so deceiving; yesterday it seemed too easy, like I wasn't getting a good work out. By the time I got to my car to leave I was feeling a little sore. This morning I feel as though I was hit by a truck rather than doing a few stretches yesterday! But I guess it is working. My trainer would be telling me that I was wrong, he says the saying "no pain, no gain" keeps him in business. Coaches use that to push their athletes too far, and then they end up getting therapy from him. I don't care what he says in his whispery little voice, "no pain, no gain" is a saying I have lived by for a lot of years, in life as well as sports, and I am not about to stop.

No comments: