Thursday, June 14, 2007

In 10 Years

We have a story in my family that has become lore. When my great grandparents were married 60 years (I think) there was a write up in their small town local paper. There was a typo in the paper and it said 59 wonderful years. My great grandfather was asked which year wasn't good and his response was "it wasn't one bad year, it was just one or two bad days at a time". I think that is so true!

Travis and I have been married 10 years today! Wow! I am not old enough to be married 10 years. I had no idea what I was getting into when I knocked on the door of Travis' dorm room to introduce myself on the first day of school at the University of Nebraska. It doesn't seem like it could be that long until I reflect on what we have been through in the last 10 years. In 2000 Travis stood by me as I was diagnosed with MS. Travis was my rock. It was a great feeling to know he would stick with me through sickness and health. In 2001 Travis and I lost our first set of twins, Nate and Spence. We attempted to comfort each other as we mourned differently. Those were a couple of the bad days in the last 10 years. In 2003 we celebrated the birth of our first son. In 2004 we moved from Nebraska to Texas. On December 9th, 2004 Ben and Lauren were conceived on Nate and Spence's 3rd birthday. I know that may be too much information for some people, but I think that is pretty cool! In 2005 we completed our family with Ben and Lauren. We have spent the last two years settling into our perfect life. We have had rough patches but I can't believe that I got so lucky.

2 comments:

"Mean Mom" said...

Aw, you're just a young'un! We just celebrated our 27th anniversary and can't believe how time flies. I'll be 50 in August and don't feel a day over 49. :)

Good post, enjoyed readiing it.

Julie
The Mean Mom
http://askmeanmom.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Congrats!