Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Lake

Fifteen minutes into our 12-hour drive home.
Jack: Mom, can we make a deal?
Me: It depends, what is the deal?
Jack: You know I REALLY love you, right mom?
Me: Yes, I love you too, what's the deal?
Jack: Well, I was thinking that I would go home to Texas with you if anytime I ask we can go back to Grammy's lake house.
Me: I wish we could, but I don't think that will work out.

Needless to say, the kids and I had a great time! I loved watching Jack enjoy everything that I loved when I was a kid. We swam, caught lightening bugs, played in the sand, hunted toads, fished, walked to the park and while the kids napped my mom, grandma and I reminisced, drank margaritas, talked, ate nachos and laughed. It was just like old times. I have mentioned before that the lake is quite possibly the best place on earth. I had a great time telling Jack stories about my grandpa. It was a hard concept for him to grasp since he has never met him. I was able to teach him the grandpa run and flop into the lake. This is a picture of Jack and my mom demonstrating the infamous maneuver.

1 comment:

Misty said...

looks like a great trip!