Friday, June 1, 2007

Can We Keep Him?

My sister dropped my nephew off this morning for the weekend. This is the first time Drew has been away from his mom AND dad overnight. My sister has left him with her husband overnight, but I am the first overnight babysitter. I am actually quite honored! She has already called twice and he has only been here for 7 hours, but whose counting! Jack loves having Drew around. He is being a great big cousin. He is being really helpful. I can see the benefits of having kids further apart! He fed him his green beans and his bottle tonight. Luckily Drew is a pretty easygoing kid and took it all in stride. As Jack was feeding him his bottle we discussed Drew.
Jack: Mom, do you think Aunt Nicole will let us keep baby Drew?
Me: I don't think so sweetie
Jack: Why not?
Me: Aunt Nicole loves baby Drew very much
Jack: So do I!
Me: Yes, we love him, but Aunt Nicole is his mommy
Jack: Maybe we should just ask?



I took the baby to finish up the feeding just in time for him to blow chow all over me. I am not sure if Jack still wants to keep him. After I got everyone all cleaned up Jack said "I am going to sit way over here in case he throws up again"

No comments: