Friday, June 1, 2007

What Have I Done?

I had to run a couple of errands this morning, but Jack had trouble tearing himself away from the TV. I admit that the dry cleaners and the bank aren't very exciting and are definitely not glamorous. But I had to get it done before baby Drew arrives at 10am, so I turned the TV off. The kid went into hysterics! I got his clothes out and continued getting him ready while he cried. Then I got tired of listening to his crying. I had a headache from the monthly drunko (bunko with plenty of alcohol) game and I snapped and made a threat. "If you don't quit crying you are not going to watch TV for the rest of the day!" He continued to cry. "1-2-3" Counting usually works. I don't know why it works and I don't know why it didn't this morning. He continued to cry. "No TV for the rest of the day!" The crying actually got louder "1-2-3” Still crying. "No TV tomorrow either, do you want to lose TV for the whole weekend?" The crying was now so loud that I am convinced my hearing was being damaged and my head could explode. "No TV Sunday!" This went on until he had lost TV until Wednesday. Five days without TV, what was I thinking? This is a bigger punishment for me than him.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's bad Kelli - poor you! Can the twins watch TV & Jack can "accidentally" see some too?