Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Spank Them!

Although we had a great time at the lake I think Jack missed our Texas friends as much as I did! Yesterday when I brought him home from rocket camp he wanted to invite a friend over. I explained that he had to take a nap and we might be able to do that when he woke up. I admit that I am guilty of the same "might trick" that my mother used to pull on me. I was figuring that he would forget about it and didn't bother to extend any invitations. When Jack got up he asked who was coming over to play. I tried to tell him that all of our friends were busy but he wasn't taking that for an answer so I called Trisha and invited us over when Ben and Lauren woke up from their nap. Unfortunately, Ben and Lauren didn't get the memo and they didn’t wake up until 4:45. I had to leave for Pilate’s at 5:45 and the kids needed to eat dinner before I left, so we just didn't have time to go play. Jack cried and cried. I really felt bad, I have been missing Trisha, and I was really looking forward to hanging out with my friend too! But, I had finally had it.

Me: Jack, you are going to have to stop crying
Jack: I am not going to stop crying until you spank the babies
Me: Why should I spank the babies?
Jack: Because we can't play because they slept too much
Me: They didn't mean to sleep too long
Jack: (through tears) spank them and I will stop crying

I don't spank the babies. Travis doesn't spank the babies. I don't spank Jack. Travis only spanks Jack in extreme cases. Why did Jack think that spanking the babies for taking a nap was reasonable?

The crying continued off and on anytime he thought about the horrible injustice.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Maybe you should have let Jack spank the babies??? Just kidding! Jack is a hoot!