Monday, July 9, 2007

Who's The Fairest Of Them All?

Are my kids beautiful because they are mine or do other people think they are cute too? I have wondered this more than once! I have a friend in the neighborhood that has one of the ugliest kids I have ever seen; she can't possibly think her own child is ugly, right?

Trisha and I took the kids to the pool this afternoon. There were three other mothers sitting together, each had a child about the age of Ben and Lauren. While Trisha was out helping her youngest wash his hands one of them asked if all four kids were mine. I explained that Jack, Ben and Lauren were mine. We exchanged a little small talk and then they went back to talking amongst themselves. I will admit I was eavesdropping because Trisha was still helping her son, which left me with nothing better to do. They were saying how cute my kids were! It doesn't really count when someone says it to your face, but when they say it behind your back they must be telling the truth. It even helped me feel a little better about myself while I was sitting at the pool. I have put on about 10 pounds since last summer and I was really feeling like the fat mom. Operation focus has started again and I am going to stick to it this time! I need to start feeling comfortable in my skin so I don't pass this body image problem on to Lauren.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They're all adorable, and I'm not just saying that!
I hear you about the weight that needs to be lost though, and worrying about passing my "issues" on to my girls. The other day Julia asked me why I don't run like Daddy does....