Saturday, July 21, 2007

Barf-O-Rama

We woke up this morning thinking that everyone was finally healthy. Lauren had her antibiotic and is on the mend from her infection. The whole family piled in the car to deliver Ben and Lauren's birthday invitations. When we finished our deliveries, we decided to grab some lunch at Jason's Deli. The babies split one of the greasiest hot dogs I have ever laid eyes on. After lunch we took a two-hour drive, then stopped at the grocery store to buy flowers for our neighbor, who had surgery last week. As I studied the flower choices I got a call from Travis, who was waiting in the car with the kids. I assumed he was calling to ask me to pick something else up, but instead he told me, "come out, right now, Benny threw up". The smell was atrocious. When we got home I took Ben to the bath and Travis cleaned up the car. You really know you love someone when you clean up his barf. If it were anyone other than my husband or my children I would simply hand them a towel!

After I got Ben cleaned up I called Trisha to let her know that we needed to cancel our plans for tonight. I feel terrible for Jack, he was stuck in the house for most of last week because Lauren was sick and tonight we had to cancel his first sleepover. I told her how I was certain Ben wasn't sick, but I didn't want to risk it. I hadn't been off the phone for 30 seconds when Ben threw up again, this time on the family room carpet! I gave Ben yet another bath, did another load of laundry and sat down for a minute to catch my breath. That is when Ben crawled up in my lap, snuggled into my chest and barfed into my shirt. The good news is that none of it landed on the carpet, I caught it all in my bra. Yuck! I just hope this is the end. I don't want to be changing sheets in the middle of the night!

No comments: