Sunday, July 15, 2007

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

Tonight I made honey mustard chicken, cauliflower, rice and biscuits. As I was cooking the cauliflower Travis mentioned the horrible smell coming from the microwave. I told him that when he cooked dinner he could eat whatever he wanted. All the while Jack was whining about having chicken again. He is able to put more syllables in "chicken again" than anyone I know. It reminds me of when I was young; my sister and I would always whine about 'diet chicken'. The chicken went over like a lead balloon. Travis kept asking me if it was done, convinced that it was still pink. I told him over and over that it was white and the juices ran clear. Finally he just quit eating it claiming that he didn't want to get sick. I ate the rest of his chicken and as of 4 hours later I am still fine! Since the under cooked excuse worked for Travis, Jack thought that he would give it a spin. He raised piece after piece of chicken asking if it was pink. THE CHICKEN IS DONE CUT ME SOME SLACK! Travis eventually admitted that he "doesn't need to have that chicken again". Tomorrow I think I might serve a turd in the punch bowl that will probably go over better.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm laughing out loud!!! I say tonight after the night you had last night with Lauren you let Travis fix himself and the kids whatever he'd like for dinner & you go out for margaritas on your own!!!
Josh does the same thing with his alarm clock and it drives me batty!