Wednesday, July 18, 2007

She Doesn't Speak English!

Poor Jack has been cooped up all week because Lauren is sick. He has asked me things like "who made her sick?”, "when is she going to get better", "why is she sick?", "Why can't I do anything fun? I didn't do anything wrong!” but this morning takes the cake.

Jack: Is Lauren feeling better?
Me: (knowing full well she is still sick) I don't know, why don't you ask her?
Jack: I can't ask her, she doesn't speak English!

I don't know how he is going to take the bad news about Lauren still being sick; I am not sure how to break it to him. We were supposed to get together with the old playgroup today, unfortunately I had already told Jack about it. I asked the hostess if Jack could come without me, let's hope she says yes!

1 comment:

Anne said...

um, once again Jack says something that makes me laugh my arse off. Go Jack!