Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bye, Bye, See Ya!

Yesterday I took the kids to Walmart and I am just able to blog about the incident now because I was too traumatized. The twins were holy terrors. Ben screamed at the top of his lungs the entire time we were there. It was like a siren announcing our presence in every aisle. They fought over holding the merchandise I was simply attempting to put in the cart. Ben actually tried to snatch Lauren bald. There is a pile of Lauren's hair in the dairy aisle! I will take part of the blame. I should have never taken them to the store during the witching hour, but there is no excuse for what happened next. When we arrived home I got the kids in the house then started carrying in the groceries. As I walked to the door Ben looked at me and said, "Bye, bye, see ya!" and slammed the door in my face. By the time I had put my groceries down to open the door Ben had turned the lock. That's right, my son locked me in the garage. I was furious! My groceries were sitting in the car in 95-degree weather and I was left standing next to the festering poopy diaper filled trashcan absolutely stunned. I banged on the door and Jack came to the rescue. If I would have had any more time to think about it I would have simply taken the house key out of my purse, but I wasn't thinking clearly. Is this a sign that we have officially entered the terrible twos?

No comments: