Thursday, July 12, 2007

For The Record

My kids’ names are Jackson, Benjamin and Lauren. They go by several different names, but there are a few names that are off limits.

Jackson's Approved Names:
Jackson
Jack
Bug
Dog
Dude
Sweetie
Big Boy
Big Brother

Jackson's Off Limits Names:
Jackie

I know it rolls nicely off the tongue, but it is a girl's name. He is not a baseball player (Jackie Robinson) he is a little BOY! It doesn't matter who you are it is not acceptable. I don't care if you are his 90 something great grandmother, his little sister, our neighbor or some random at the grocery store. DO NOT CALL MY SON JACKIE!

Benjamin's Approved Names:
Benjamin
Benny
Ben
Ben Jammin
Buddy
Little Brother
Chubs

Benjamin's Off Limits Names:
Benji

I know it rolls nicely off the tongue, but it is a dog's name and the name of a nerd in my church choir growing up. He is not a famous dog he is a little BOY! It doesn't matter who you are it is not acceptable. I don't care if you are his 90 something great grandmother, his little sister, our neighbor or some random at the grocery store. DO NOT CALL MY SON BENJI!

Lauren's Approved Names:
Lauren
Lolo
Loey
Loey McLowerson
Sissy
Baby Girl
Little Sister
Chick
Girlfriend
Love
Pretty

Lauren's Off Limits Names:
Laura

This name does not roll off the tongue nicely. It is simply not her name. If you call her this I will assume you are hard of hearing. DO NOT CALL MY DAUGHTER LAURA!

Perhaps I am a little fanatical about this, but I put a lot of thought into their names and I would rather them not be butchered. Thank you, the end.

No comments: