Monday, July 2, 2007

No Excuse!

I discovered today that poor Jack has spent the last two years of his life playing with 5 Thomas trains that were painted in China with lead paint. That's right, the wooden trains that I spent at least $10 apiece on were outsourced in attempts to save a buck! Meanwhile, my little boy has been eating lead paint chips. I am officially off the hook for the drinking, canoeing and camping trip we took before we knew I was pregnant. If Jack turns out to be stupid I am blaming the lead paint from the trains, not the drinking I did while I was pregnant with him!

I took the trains to the post office today to send them off for replacements. I quickly filled out my address label and threw the poison trains into the box so I wouldn't hold up the line. I paid my postage and off I went. Unfortunately, I didn't get far. I couldn't find my car key. I retraced my steps just like they taught me on Sesame Street. Nope, it wasn't on the counter where I filled out the label. Nope, it wasn't where I paid. Shoot, I better look in the car. Nope, I didn't leave it in the car. I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally I had to admit to the counter man that I think I put my car key in the box I just asked him to mail. Sure enough, I tore into the box as the rest of the patrons watched with anticipation and found my car key. I was hoping to slink out of the post office unnoticed when an older lady loudly announced "If I would have done that I would have called it a senior moment, I am not sure what your excuse is!" Perhaps I have been the one eating the lead paint chips...or maybe my mother drank while she was pregnant with me!

No comments: