Tuesday, July 3, 2007

They Sucked The Life Out Of Me!

I called the pediatric dentist to make Jack's first dental appointment. I was shamed slightly by the receptionist when she found out Jack was already four. Come to find out I am a little late with the first appointment. I attempted to redeem myself by setting appointments for Ben and Lauren also. This made me think that since the kids were seeing the dentist maybe I should be a good example and go too.

Okay, I admit it; I haven't been to the dentist since before I was pregnant with Ben and Lauren. My name is Kelli and I am afraid of the dentist. I was a little relieved when I called and I was told the next appointment isn't until October. I took the appointment, feeling good that I had taken the first step. The dentist then called this morning at 8:30 and said they had a cancellation and asked me to come in at 9:45. I didn't have a good excuse not to go, so I sucked it up and went. Since it has been so long since my last visit, it took the hygienist 45 minutes to scrape my poor unsuspecting teeth. When all was said and done, I have 3 cavities and need to have my wisdom teeth removed. When I told the dentist in shock that I really do brush my teeth on a daily basis he blamed the cavities on Ben and Lauren. Carrying twins sucks the life out of your teeth. Just add it to my list of sacrifices, right behind the 'twin skin' on my stomach!

No comments: